- Location : Sydney
- Work type : Part-time (2 days per week)
- Sector : Social Services, Not-for-Profit
- Salary type : Pro Rata
- Salary : Salary range is $90,000-100,000 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications
Who we are and what we do
The Footpath Library (TFL) is Australia’s only mobile library program for people at risk of or experiencing homelessness. Established in 2003 TFL operates in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth, operating outreach libraries, book clubs and an eLibrary, supplying excellent quality books/ digital reading material for free to anyone who loves to read and has difficulty accessing reading material.
A newly-created role: Research and Development Manager
We are seeking a super-organised, data-driven and fundraising-passionate Research and Development Manager, to join our team and support our Founder/ Managing Director. This newly-created role will take overall responsibility for the nation-wide development and implementation of all fundraising activities: planning, developing and implementing an engagement strategy; developing strategies to maximise donor retention, acquisition and satisfaction via philanthropically-focused programs (including direct appeals, regular giving and approved corporate partnerships); and nurturing communication for donors, sponsors and supporters to increase engagement. The role will also be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the organisation's events. The role will include the recruitment of external contractors to conduct national research on the feasibility and success of our current programs as well as the opportunity for new programs that fit TFL’s strategy.
At TFL, we value diversity and know that our capacity to drive progressive change is enhanced when our team members come from different backgrounds and experience. We are actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Designing a program of activities including donor engagement, appeals, fundraising drives linked to campaigns, and programs to increase major and regular donors and bequests;
- Administering a CRM system for high quality fundraising correspondence, donor care and engagement programs;
- Administering a process for prospect and grant opportunities research;
- Executing the application and acquittal process, and monitoring and analysing fundraising data;
- Participating in policy and campaign planning with communications and fundraising aspects in mind;
- Coordinating all fundraising activities from third party fundraising platforms and other campaigns;
- Working closely with the Founder/ Managing Director and external stakeholders to coordinate the successful planning and operation of fundraising activities;
- Collaborating with the team to produce content for social and mainstream media showcasing The Footpath Library campaigns, events, fundraising and trending topics;
- Supervising other staff and/or volunteers as required;
- Working collaboratively and proactively with the Founder/Managing Director and team to support the broader activities of TFL;
- Recruiting and managing external contractors.
Key attributes required are:
- Loves reading and understands the positive impact reading has on a person’s wellbeing;
- Passionate about building relationships to grow and strengthen the purpose of the organisation;
- Thrives on achieving fundraising goals through a combination of hard work, best practice and innovation;
- Digitally savvy, with experience with social media as a communication tool;
- A minimum of five years’ directly relevant experience in Fundraising in the Not-for-Profit Sector;
- Sound knowledge of fundraising standards, principles, policies and procedures;
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines;
- Experience in managing budgets, expenditure and income;
- Current Australian Driver’s license;
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Fundraising, event planning or a related discipline highly regarded but not essential.
To apply, please click the “apply now” button below. Confidential enquiries should be made to the Managing Director on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Research and Development Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.