Exciting new program to deliver a cooking skills education program in Victorian schools. Work with parents and students to increase the food literacy of Victorian families.
- Exciting new program in our schools team.
- Positive and engaging team environment.
- Part time - three days per week.
- Commencing January 2020.
Foodbank Victoria is an independent not-for-profit organisation with almost 90 years’ experience providing food relief to individuals and families experiencing hardship.
We partner with the Victorian Department of Education and Training to deliver the largest school food program in Australia. From 2020 we will be providing nutritious foods to 1000 schools including breakfast, lunch, holiday packs and a new cooking skills education program.
- Deliver the cooking skills curriculum in schools to parents and students in an engaging and positive style.
- Promote the benefits of home-cooked, nutritious food for families.
- Coordinate ordering and delivery of resources, equipment and food for each lesson.
- Assist with the coordination of program scheduling including school bookings.
- Passionate about our vision of healthy food for all.
- Able to live and breathe our values of empowerment, accountability, integrity and respect.
- Experience running public health, nutrition or education programs.
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations to a range of audiences.
- Hold and maintain a current driver’s license and be willing to drive.
- Willingness to undertake a criminal record check and obtain Working With Children Check and Apply First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours and travel to metro and regional areas regularly.
Selection of Candidates:
Candidates will be evaluated on merit and measured against the requirements contained within the Position Description. Assessment will take into account all information that is determined to be appropriate, for example, written application, qualifications, interview experience and referee reports.