Jigsaw is a not for profit organisation designed to break the cycle so many people with disability face – of never gaining entry to the workforce.
At Jigsaw, we believe people prepare best for work, through work and our mission is to build ‘an Australia in which people with disability are fully included in the workforce’.
At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a thriving document and data management business, providing a range of high-quality commercial services to corporate and government clients including Westpac, Coca Cola Amatil. This business enables us to provide a training pathway for people with disabilities to prepare for employment at their own pace and undertake award wage employment before transitioning to open employment.
In the Jigsaw model our participants are referred to as trainees and our support worker roles are referred to as a trainer.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Trainer Leads are responsible for the delivery of the training to Jigsaw participants, based on a variety of employment skills and work experiences activities. Alongside delivery, the Trainer Leads supervises their assigned Trainers (Support workers) in their zone to ensure all supports are carried out in line with the Jigsaw model and mission.
- Provide direct training and support to Trainees (Participants)
- Supervision of assigned Trainers, ensuring they understand the training and work experience activity to be delivered each day and have the required resources to do so
- Monitor, communicate and document trainees attendance at Jigsaw, including all training and work experience activities delivered, through our client management system
- Each Trainer Lead is assigned to a zone( work area), they are responsible for effectively maintaining their zone
- Provide communication to trainees, carers or families as well as liaising with allied health professionals
- Other ad hoc duties as required by Training Manager as directed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant qualification in Training/Teaching/Allied Health and/or 2+ years previous experience in a position with transferable skills to the position
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team
- Experience in training, development or education setting
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for (and/or experience) working with people with disability or in the allied health community
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Desire to help others learn and understanding of learning challenges
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Jigsaw and Fighting Chance
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess a NDIS Workers screening check
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- The person is the point
- The power of YES
- A hand up, not a hand out
- Unbeatable workforce
- We’re trailblazers
- Where to next?
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Jigsaw employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, meaning you can increase the value of your take-home income.
- Potential career development opportunities.
- Online and face to face training as required for the role.