Jigsaw is a not for profit organisation designed to break the cycle so many people with disability face – of never gaining entry to the workforce.
At Jigsaw, we believe people prepare best for work, through work and our mission is to build ‘an Australia in which people with disability are fully included in the workforce’.
At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a thriving document and data management business, providing a range of high-quality commercial services to corporate and government clients including Westpac, Coca Cola Amatil. This business enables us to provide a training pathway for people with disabilities to prepare for employment at their own pace and undertake award wage employment before transitioning to open employment.
In the Jigsaw model our participants are referred to as trainees and our support worker roles are referred to as a trainer.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Trainer Lead is responsible for the delivery of training and work experience activities to Jigsaw Trainees, in the workplace and classroom setting. Alongside delivery, the Trainer Lead supervises their assigned Trainers to deliver training and work experience activities to Jigsaw Trainees.
- Provide direct training and support to Trainees
- Supervision of assigned Trainers, ensuring they understand the training and work experience activity to be delivered each day and have the required resources to do so
- Monitor, communicate and document trainees attendance at Jigsaw, including all training and work experience activities delivered, through our client management system
- Each Trainer Lead is assigned to a zone( work area), they are responsible for effectively maintaining their zone
- Provide communication to trainees, allied health professionals, carers and/or families
- Other ad hoc duties as required by Training Manager as directed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant qualification in Training/Teaching/Allied Health and/or 2+ years previous experience in a position with transferable skills to the position
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team
- Experience in training, development or education setting
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for and experience working with people with disability
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Desire to help others learn and understanding of learning challenges
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Jigsaw and Fighting Chance
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a NDIS Workers screening check
- Possess a or be willing to obtain a First Aid (HLTAID003) certificate