- Join Jigsaw, a fast growing social business redesigning the way people with disability are trained, employed and transitioned into employment
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary + super + salary packaging available
- An exciting opportunity to join the Jigsaw team as we expand into Adelaide!
Jigsaw is a social enterprise revolutionising the way people with disability receive job training, employment opportunities and the ability to transition into mainstream employment.
The heart of the Jigsaw model is a vibrant document management business, providing high-quality business-to-business services to corporate and government clients.
This commercial activity allows Jigsaw to create a range of training, employment and transitional opportunities for people with disability, to develop towards work-readiness in a supported, real-life, working environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Trainer Lead is responsible for the delivery of training and work experience activities to Jigsaw Trainees, in the workplace and classroom setting. Alongside delivery, the Trainer Lead supervises their assigned Trainers to deliver training and work experience activities to Jigsaw Trainees.
During the initial stages of Jigsaws expansion to Adelaide this role will also be involved in Community Engagement Work including;
- Develop and maintain relationships within the Adelaide community and referral network
- Respond to enquiries from potential referrers, new participants and their families
- Provide direct training and support to Trainees
- Supervision of assigned Trainers, ensuring they understand the training and work experience activity to be delivered each day and have the required resources to do so
- Monitor, communicate and document trainees attendance at Jigsaw, including all training and work experience activities delivered, through our client management system
- Each Trainer Lead is assigned to a zone( work area), they are responsible for effectively maintaining their zone
- Provide communication to trainees, carers and/or families
- Other ad hoc duties as required by Training Manager as directed
A position description is attached below
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A relevant qualification in Training/Teaching/Allied Health and/or 2+ years previous experience in a position with transferable skills to the position
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team
- Experience in training, development or education setting
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for (and/or experience) working with people with disability
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Desire to help others learn and understanding of learning challenges
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Jigsaw and Fighting Chance
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working With Children Check
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
A position description is attached.