- January 2020 start date - be a part of our new Jigsaw hub opening in Mt Gravatt mid-Feb 2020.
- Competitive salary + super + salary packaging available
Jigsaw is a social enterprise revolutionising the way people with disability receive job training, employment opportunities and the ability to transition into mainstream employment.
The heart of the Jigsaw model is a vibrant document management business, providing high-quality business-to-business services to corporate and government clients.
This commercial activity allows Jigsaw to create a range of training, employment and transitional opportunities for people with disability, to develop towards work-readiness in a supported, real-life, working environment.
We are excited to be bringing Jigsaw to Mt Gravatt, QLD, opening mid-February 2020.
The Trainer Lead is responsible for the delivery of training and work experience activities to Jigsaw Trainees, in the workplace and classroom setting. Alongside delivery, the Trainer Lead supervise their assigned Trainers to deliver training and work experience activities to Jigsaw Trainees.
Provide direct training and support to Trainees:
- As a Trainer Lead your core responsibility is to deliver training and work experience activities to develop the skills and capabilities of your assigned Trainees
- Trainer Leads are responsible for establishing an individualised daily training plan for assigned trainees, this plan is to be shared and communicated to trainers for effective delivery within each zone
- Trainer Leads are ultimately responsible for tracking trainee’s progress against Jigsaw’s Workforce Values and employment training framework
- Alongside the Training Manager provide quarterly progress updates to assigned Trainees and their families
- Development and implementation of individualised resources, strategies and tools to help assigned Trainees overcome their individual employment challenges and achieve individualised goals aligned to Jigsaw’s Workforce Values
Supervision and development of Trainers:
- Supervision of assigned Trainers, ensuring they understand the training and work experience activity to be delivered each day and have the required resources to do so
- Provide development and guidance to Trainers on how to address training challenges or situations
Administration & reporting:
- Monitor, communicate and document assigned trainees attendance at Jigsaw in the Jigsaw roster and Supportability
- Ensure all training and work experience activities delivered to Trainees are journaled and signed-off in Supportability and Litmos as required
- Maintain an effective and professional communication channel with the Trainer Manager, reporting to the Trainer Manager any incidents or challenges on a day-to-day basis
- Collaborate with other Trainer Leads, Business Leads and the Training Manager to ensure consistency across teams, and in order to ensure the continual improvement of training processes and procedures
Effectively maintain the zone:
- Maintain the look and feel of the zone, ensuring office furniture is kept clean, neat, and tidy
- Promptly report issues with equipment and/or software to the Training Manager
- Maintain safety of the zone, ensuring adherence to Jigsaw’s health & safety policies & procedures, identifying & reporting risks promptly, and taking overall responsibility for the safety of everyone within the zone
- Treat physical and digital records in a safe, secure manner, maintaining client confidentiality
- Provide informal communication to Trainee, carers and/or families. Liaise with the Training Manager and/or Community Engagement Lead for any formal communication required
- Other ad hoc duties as required by Training Manager as directed
- Lead the team in building a culture that aligns to Jigsaw’s core values of reliability, professionalism & independence
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant qualification in Training/Teaching/Allied Health and/or 2+ years previous experience in a position with transferable skills to the position
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team
- Experience in training, development or education setting
Skills and attributes:
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Desire to help others learn and understanding of learning challenges
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Jigsaw and Fighting Chance
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working With Children Check
- Completion of NDIA Worker Orientation Module
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)