Jigsaw believes people prepare best for work through work!
Jigsaw is a social enterprise revolutionising the way people with disability receive job training, employment opportunities and the ability to transition into mainstream employment around Australia.
Jigsaw document management business allows Jigsaw to create a range of training, employment and transitional opportunities for people with disability, to develop towards work-readiness in a supported, real-life, working environment.
Find out more about what we do by watching our video below Welcome to Jigsaw!
This role would be perfect for students in their final years of studying an allied health related degree including Occupational Therapy, Speech pathology, Psychology or Social work
A Support Worker is known as a Trainer in the Jigsaw model. Trainers build professional and personal relationships with trainees based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals with disabilities to reach their employment goals and feel confident in the workplace.
You will work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve agreed outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitating the training of participants in transferable employment skills, by creating individualised resources and strategies to support participants to achieve their goals
- Support Participants to help achieve the business targets assigned to each team, on time and to quality standards
- Develop a strong working relationship and become a mentor to individuals supported
- Provide all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance and behavioural management to ensure everyone feels fully supported and is progressing towards their employment goals
- Deliver on any administration or reporting activities in line with NDIS standards
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Jigsaw’s culture, performance and brand
- Engage with participants using a Positive Behaviour Support approach where appropriate
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for and experience with working with people with disability or in the allied health community
- Energetic and creative individuals who think differently about assisting others to achieve employment goals
- Proactive, forward thinker, who takes initiative to solve problems
- High bandwidth for multitasking and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and team-work skills
- Auslan experience desirable but not required
- Empathetic and patient approach
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess a NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Jigsaw employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, meaning you can increase the value of your take-home income.
- Potential career development opportunities.
- Online and face to face training as required for the role.
For information about Jigsaw and our mission click here
- The person is the point
- The power of YES
- A hand up, not a hand out
- Unbeatable workforce
- We’re trailblazers
- Where to next?