- Join Jigsaw, a fast growing social enterprise redesigning the way people with disability are trained, employed and transitioned into employment
- Northern Beaches (Frenchs Forest), NSW location
- Casual position
Jigsaw is a social enterprise revolutionising the way people with disability receive job training, employment opportunities and the ability to transition into mainstream employment.
The heart of the Jigsaw model is a vibrant document management business, providing high-quality business-to-business services to corporate and government clients.
This commercial activity allows Jigsaw to create a range of training, employment and transitional opportunities for people with disability, to develop towards work-readiness in a supported, real-life, working environment.
A Support Worker is known as a Trainer in the Jigsaw model. Trainers build professional and personal relationships with trainees based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals to reach their employment goals.
The Trainer delivers a range of training and supports to people with disability so that they feel confident in the workplace and have the skills to reach their employment goals
You will work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve agreed outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Support Participants to help achieve the business targets assigned to each team, on time and to quality standards
- Develop a strong working relationship and become a mentor to individuals supported
- Provide all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance and behavioural management to ensure everyone feels fully supported and is progressing towards their employment goals
- Deliver on any administration or reporting activities aligned with the individual
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Jigsaw’s culture, performance and brand
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- Energetic and creative individuals who think differently about assisting others to achieve employment goals
- Proactive, forward thinker, who takes initiative to solve problems
- High bandwidth for multi-tasking
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication and team-work skills
- Auslan experience desirable
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Possess Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)