- Join Jigsaw, a fast growing social business re-designing the way people with disability are trained, employed and transitioned into employment
- Deliver a range of training and supports to people with disability so that they feel confident in the workplace and have the skills to reach their employment goals
- Frenchs Forest location
- Competitive hourly rate + salary packing options available
- Ongoing Training and Development
Jigsaw is a social enterprise revolutionising the way people with disability receive job training, employment opportunities and the ability to transition into mainstream employment.
The heart of the Jigsaw model is a vibrant document management business, providing high-quality business-to-business services to corporate and government clients.
This commercial activity allows Jigsaw to create a range of training, employment and transitional opportunities for people with disability, to develop towards work-readiness in a supported, real-life, working environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
A Disability Support Worker is known as a Trainer in the Jigsaw model. Casual Trainers build professional and personal relationships with trainees based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals to reach their employment goals.
You will work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve agreed outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Support Trainees to help achieve the business targets assigned to each team on time and to quality standards
- Develop a strong working relationship and become a mentor to individuals supported
- Provide all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance and behavioural management to ensure everyone feels fully supported and is progressing towards their employment goals
- Deliver on any administration or reporting activities aligned with the individual
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Jigsaw’s culture, performance and brand
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures of Jigsaw and take all reasonable care that your teams or your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of others
- Ensure environment is supportive, respectful, professional, fun, and safe at all times
A position description is attached below.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- Energetic and creative individuals who think differently about assisting others to achieve employment goals
- Proactive, forward thinker, who takes initiative to solve problems
- High bandwidth for multi-tasking
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication and team-work skills
- Total commitment to the values, behaviour and culture of Jigsaw
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory Disability Check (Yellow card) and Working with Children Check (Blue card)
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)