- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- Full-time position located in Frenchs Forest, NSW
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
- Ongoing Learning and Development
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
The Team Coordinator Role is central to the successful operations of an Avenue Co-Working Space; Team Coordinators are at the heart of the model, leading a small group of Participants to work on and develop their business team. The Team Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the operations of their business team, to ensure that progress is being made and everyone has meaningful work tasks to do.
- Responsible for a small group of participants in Avenue, grouped together according to business interests and also support needs
- Primary contact and manager responsible for each of the participants in their team during those peoples’ time in Avenue
- Support of Support Workers
- Record Keeping and Reporting
- NDIS Management
VALUES AND BEHAVIOUR:
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Fighting Chance and Avenue’s culture, performance and brand
- Actively support Fighting Chance’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment (EEO)
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues
- Actively demonstrate the organisational values:
- Our community is built on inclusiveness, equality and empowerment.
- We approach everything we do with innovation and dynamism.
- Our social enterprises will always be responsive, sustainable and excellent.
- Our work will make a contribution and have impact.
- Deliver high quality work that supports our operating environment
- Demonstrate compliance with all legislation and policies and procedures
A full Position Description is attached below.