- Brand new Newcastle Location
- Part time and Casual Positions Available
- Join an innovative not-for-profit day organisation
This is your opportunity to make an extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability!
Avenue is an innovative not-for-profit day program where people with disability are supported to complete work tasks, socialise and develop their individual skills, regardless of their support needs.
At Avenue we work towards a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all, we achieve this by ensuring that:
- The point of everything that we do is always: “What’s best for the person?”
- “Yes” is our natural response. We give ideas a chance and find ways to make them happen.
- We are in the business of opportunity, not charity.
- Our staff are the best in the business. They are talented, fresh minded and determined to make a difference.
- We are innovative and we are not afraid to be unorthodox if it means a better outcome for the people we support.
Want to Make a Difference?
This is your opportunity to make an extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability.
Avenue is opening a brand new co-working space in Newcastle this September, and we are looking to build a team of exceptional, passionate and energetic employees to deliver outstanding support to our participants.
The Support Worker is a critical role, everything that we set out to achieve is dependent on providing superior support in the delivery of our programs and services on a day-to-day basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance, behaviour support and assistance with daily work tasks.
- Building relationships with participants.
- Ensuring that the best support is provided to participants in the way they want it.
- Providing feedback to families about support provided and progress towards goals.
- Using your creativity to think outside of the square about how to deliver support.
- Completing relevant reporting in a timely fashion.
What we are looking for:
- A professional, positive and passionate approach to providing the highest level of support.
- Be energetic, ambitious and seeking to learn and grow in the role.
- Possess or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check.
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003).
- Hold a NSW Drivers Licence (desirable).
Over and above the extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability that you will be making, the benefits on offer, include:
- Salary packaging options.
- An opportunity to be part of a brand-new team, helping to build a fantastic workplace culture.
- Purpose centred work.
- Ongoing professional development.
Avenue is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!