- Do you want to be a part of a ground-breaking service for adults with complex behaviours?
- Do you want to hone your understanding of Positive Behaviour Support with supervision from a specialised Behaviour Support team?
- Are you looking for a challenge in a work environment where each day is different, learning new skills is supported and opportunities to develop your career are offered?
At Avenue+, we have always believed that with the right support, everyone can participate in society and make their contribution. Our vision is to become Australia’s leading service for adults with complex behaviours and we need an unbeatable workforce to achieve this.
WHY YOU’LL LIKE US:
We think we have an unbeatable workforce, and so we want to recognise and support our staff. A role with Avenue+ means you’ll have:
- Support from a Program Manager, Assistant Manager and Coordinators and of course our experienced Clinicians and Behaviour Support team to learn and upskill in a way which suits you.
- Ongoing informal and formal professional development opportunities and a strong training and learning culture
- Career progression opportunities, into clinical and/or management positions and other internal broadening roles
- Up to $15,000 more in your take-home pay with salary packaging
- Casual and permanent part-time positions available
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team with a fantastic workplace culture
- For-purpose work
- Shorter work days from 8.45am to 3.30pm
In our specialised Behaviour Support hub, everything that we set out to achieve is dependent on providing superior support in the delivery of our programs and services on a day-to-day basis. In this role, you will hone your Behaviour Support skills whilst engaging one-on-one (in a centre-based and community access program) to build relationships and assist people with complex needs to reach their goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Providing all aspects of behaviour support and assistance with daily tasks by implementing behaviour support plan strategies and best-practice principles
- Building relationships with participants that reflects Avenue values and Disability Service Standards - building a culture of ‘yes!’
- Delivering person-centred support to participants directly and indirectly under their care, and ensuring it is provided in the way the participant wants it
- Providing feedback to families and caretakers about support provided and progress towards goals
- Using your creativity to think outside of the square about how to deliver support. Imagining ‘what if’ in every scenario.
- Completing relevant reporting in a timely fashion
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A professional, positive and passionate approach to providing the highest level of Positive Behaviour Support
- Energy and ambition, and a keenness to grow and develop Behaviour Support and interpersonal skills
- Possess or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid & CPR
- Hold a NSW Drivers Licence (desirable)
- Fully Covid Vaccinated, including Booster
Avenue Plus is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this position please attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position, along with your current resume.
Find out more here: