This is your opportunity to make an extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability!
Avenue is an innovative not-for-profit day program where people with disability are supported to complete work tasks, socialise and develop their individual skills, regardless of their support needs.
At Avenue we work towards a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all, we achieve this by ensuring that:
- The point of everything that we do is always: “What’s best for the person?”
- “Yes” is our natural response. We give ideas a chance and find ways to make them happen.
- We are in the business of opportunity, not charity.
- Our staff are the best in the business. They are talented, fresh minded and determined to make a difference
- We are innovative and we are not afraid to be unorthodox if it means a better outcome for the people we support.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
The Avenue Social program is dynamic, individualised and energised; it incorporates all of our values. Our participants don’t just get on the same bus, with the same people on the same day to do the same activity week in week out, unless of course they choose to. We offer our participants choice and ask the question, “it’s your social program, what would you like to do?” The Social Coordinator will harness all of the energy and ideas of our participants and develop a social program that makes it happen!
The role is a combination of planning, support work, communication, and execution.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitating participant engagement in social and recreational activities in the community
- Ensuring that participants are achieving their goals, connecting socially and accessing the community as they desire
- Developing relationships with local facilities and organisations around ongoing social opportunities for participants
- Plan and coordinate the daily operations of the Avenue Social program, including activity planning, risk assessments and supervision of staff
- Providing all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance, behavioural management and assistance with daily social activities as required.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with participants, their families and the broader community
- Experience in event management & planning
- Experience working with community engagement programs for participants with disability is desirable
- Ability to be creative and use your initiative, making the job your own
- Highly developed administrative, organisational skill and ability to work in a team in a fast-changing environment
- A passion for and/or experience with working with people with disability
- Possess or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check
- First Aid and CPR Certified or willing to obtain
- A current unrestricted NSW driver's licence.
Over and above the extraordinary contribution to the lives of people with disability that you will be making, the benefits on offer, include:
- Salary packaging options
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, helping to build a fantastic workplace culture
- Purpose centred work
- Ongoing professional development.
Avenue is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this position please attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position, along with your current resume.
Find out more here: avenuecoworking.org.au