- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- Full time position, Frenchs Forest location
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue+ is one of these enterprises.
Avenue+ is an industry leading day program, empowering people with disability who require higher levels of behaviour support, to make meaningful contributions through work activities.
Avenue + offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
Find out more here: https://avenuecoworking.org.au/.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Social Coordinator has a combination of support work responsibilities as well as planning, communicating and executing the Avenue+ Social program. The Social Coordinator is responsible for facilitating participants’ engagement in social and recreational activities in the community, to ensure that all participants are achieving their goals and building connections with the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop relationships with local facilities and organisations around ongoing social opportunities for participants
- Develop a number of resources (EDM, ‘mood board’, sensory display) to communicate activities to participants to enable everyone to make choices about what they would like to do
- Meet with all relevant participants on a regular basis, to help individuals develop their social plan for the upcoming month(s)
- Providing all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance, behavioural management and assistance with daily work tasks
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families, community and other networks
- Experience in event/activity planning
- Ability to be creative and take initiative, making the job your own
- Highly developed administrative and organisational skills
- A passion for (and/or experience with) working with people with disability
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Possess Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Collaborative and positive work culture
- Ongoing professional development
- Purpose centred work
- Salary packaging option available
If this sounds like you please apply today, with your current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability to this role. Please ensure you select “Avenue+ Frenchs Forest” as the CWS you are interested in working at on the application form.