- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- Full-time position located in Parramatta
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
- Ongoing Learning and Development
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is a Co-Working Space which enables people of all abilities to work, socialise and learn.
Each Co-Working Space offers people disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue harnesses micro-business and the Gig Economy to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Develop Skills: Avenue Co-Working Spaces offer participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills, and personal development
- Social Engagement: Avenue Co-Working Spaces offer participants the opportunity not just to work and learn, but to engage more broadly in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Support Worker is a critical role, working on the Avenue Floor, co-leading a small group of participants under a Team Coordinator, to work on and develop their business team.
Senior Support Workers build professional and personal relationships with participants based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals to reach their goals. The Senior Support Worker provides leadership and stability for a casual workforce, taking initiative and solving problems to ensure the best support is provided to our participants.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- The Senior Support Worker is the secondary contact responsible for each of the participants in their team during those peoples’ time in Avenue
- The Senior Support Worker needs to have a very deep understanding of the support needs of each of the participants in their team, and be able to monitor each person’s supports on a daily basis, to ensure that all of the person’s needs are being met at all times
- Completing and entering any case notes for the participants you directly supported into our Client Management System
- Lead and/or proactively contribute to daily debriefs
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- Have a passion for and 1-2 years’ experience working with people with disability
- Natural leadership skills
- Positive outlook and a willingness to learn
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working with Children Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
A full position description is attached below.