- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- Full-time position located in Frenchs Forest, NSW
- A competitive package based on relevant qualifications/experience + super + salary packaging options available
- Ongoing Learning and Development
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is a Co-Working Space which enables people of all abilities to work, socialise and learn.
Each Co-Working Space offers people disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue harnesses micro-business and the Gig Economy to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy.
- Develop Skills: Avenue Co-Working Spaces offer participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills, and personal development.
- Social Engagement: Avenue Co-Working Spaces offer participants the opportunity not just to work and learn, but to engage more broadly in social aspects of community life and develop friendships.
The Senior Support Worker (SSW) is a critical role, working on the Avenue Floor, co-leading a small group of participants under a Team Coordinator, to work on and develop their business team. The Senior Support Worker is responsible for facilitating the operations of their business team (as directed by the Team Coordinator), to ensure that progress is being made and everyone has meaningful work tasks to do. The Senior Support Worker is also responsible for ensuring that every member of their team is working in a meaningful way and is developing their skills and confidence.
Senior Support Workers build professional and personal relationships with participants based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals to reach their goals. The Senior Support Worker (under their Team Coordinator) provides leadership and stability for a casual workforce, taking initiative and solving problems to ensure the best supports are provided to people with disability.
- The Senior Support Worker is the secondary contact responsible for each of the participants in their team during those peoples’ time in Avenue.
- A Senior Support Worker needs to have a very deep understanding of the support needs of each of the participants in their team, and be able to monitor each person’s supports on a daily basis, to ensure that all of the person’s needs are being met at all times.
- Provide warm, engaging leadership and build strong relationships with all participants in the Senior Support Worker’s team, to build a strong community and culture, as well as strong relationships, within Avenue.
- Critically, work in partnership with other Senior Support Workers, Team Coordinators, Skills, Social and Business Development Coordinators to ensure that each individual is achieving their goals, building their skills and confidence, and is getting everything they need from their involvement in Avenue.
Administration and Reporting:
At the end of each shift, complete and enter any case notes for participants you have directly supported into SupportAbility.
- Escalate incidents to TC and Hub Manager, and contribute to incident reporting where required.
- Lead and/or proactively contribute to daily debriefs.
Values and Behaviour:
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Fighting Chance’s culture, performance and brand.
- Actively support Fighting Chance’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and Equal employment opportunity.
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues
- Actively demonstrate the organisational values:
- Our community is built on inclusiveness, equality and empowerment.
- We approach everything we do with innovation and dynamism.
- Our social enterprises will always be responsive, sustainable and excellent.
- Our work will make a contribution and have impact.
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working with Children Check.
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
A full position description is attached below.