- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- Use your unique mix of operational, administrative and business development skills to grow Avenue Work’s micro-enterprise offering!
About Fighting Chance & Avenue:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
You will be responsible for:
- Business development to ensure the growth of our micro-enterprise teams
- Relationship management
- Partner program development
- Internal support to ensure staff and participants can manage their micro-enterprises
- Administration and Reporting
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with partners, new business leads, staff and management
- Highly developed administrative and organisational skills
- Intermediate level Excel/Microsoft/G-Suite
- A current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working With Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- A current First Aid qualification (or willing to obtain)
- A passion for social enterprise and a commitment to shifting the dial for people with disability!
- Have strong skills and experience using cloud based applications e.g. Google Suite
- Ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets which include formulas/automation and macros
- Able to assertively develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships
- Ability to develop and effectively document process and procedures taking into account audiences with disability
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Possess a working knowledge of occupational health and safety practices
- Salary Packaging options available
- Flexible work policy
- Personalised Training and Development
- Purpose centred work
- On-site parking