Take an operational and strategic lead as the innovative day program Avenue expands beyond Sydney for the first time, providing opportunities for people with disability to work, socialise in a brand new location in Newcastle!
- A competitive package.
- Fantastic leadership role.
- Make a meaningful difference for people with disability.
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy.
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development.
- Socialise: Avenue offers participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships.
Find out more here: https://avenuecoworking.org.au/
The Co-Working Space Manager will need to be ready to start from scratch in Newcastle, as they’ll have the unique opportunity to create then lead the Avenue Newcastle team, and being the face of Avenue and Fighting Chance in the Hunter New England area.
- The effective opening and ongoing operation of Avenue Newcastle.
- Staff recruitment, onboarding, ongoing engagement and leadership.
- Weekly staff rosters.
- Developing and maintaining excellent participant and family/support network relationships as well as with other key stakeholders and/or partners.
- Maintenance of systems and databases to ensure relevant and reliable data for billing, business intelligence and other reporting.
- Overseeing the effective delivery and administration of Avenue’s program elements.
- Adherence to legislation and organisational policies and procedures to ensure appropriate health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE:
- 2 - 3 years staff management/team leadership experience.
- Rostering experience for medium-sized teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with people we support, their families/carers, community and other key networks.
- Highly developed administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate level Excel/Microsoft/G-Suite.
- A passion for social enterprise and a commitment to shifting the dial for people with disability!
- Demonstrated ability to lead the setup, opening and successful growth of a new entrant into a local market.
- Experience in the establishment and management of a multidisciplinary team in a service delivery environment.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through the effective management of financial, physical and human resources.
- Strong leadership skills, and the capacity to contribute to building a team focused on consistent high quality and constant improvement.
- Ability to supervise a team, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with others to ensure positive relationships with stakeholders and partners both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team in a fast changing environment.
- Willingness to travel to Sydney for work.
- Collaborative and positive work culture.
- Flexible workplace policy.
- On-site parking.
- Work with purpose in a person centred, innovative environment.
- Ongoing development, training and support.
If this sounds like you please apply today, with your current resume and cover letter addressing the above essential criteria.
A position description is attached.