- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- Casual position
- Located in Parramatta, NSW
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Support Worker is a critical role, working on the Avenue Floor to deliver our programs and services on a day to day basis. Support Workers build professional and personal relationships with participants based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals to reach their goals.
Support Workers are required to take initiative and solve problems to ensure the best supports are provided to people with disability to reach their full potential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance, behavioural management and assistance with daily work tasks required to support participant attendance at Avenue
- Provide direct verbal feedback to families about supports provided and daily progress towards goals
- Use your creativity to think outside the square about how to deliver training and supports to participants
- Complete and enter any case notes for participants you have directly supported into the Client Management System
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working with Children Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)