- Casual position
- Located in Frenchs Forest, NSW
About Fighting Chance & Avenue
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
The Support Worker is a critical role, working on the Avenue Floor to deliver our programs and services on a day to day basis. Support Workers build professional and personal relationships with participants based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals to reach their goals.
Support Workers are required to take initiative and solve problems to ensure the best supports are provided to people with disability to reach their full potential.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Providing all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance, behavioural management and assistance with daily work tasks required to support participant attendance at Avenue
- Use a creative approach and think outside the square about how to deliver training and supports to participants so they are enabled to reach their goals
- Provide direct verbal feedback to families about supports provided and daily progress towards goals
Administration and Reporting
- At the end of each shift, complete and enter any case notes for participants you have directly supported into the Client Management System.
- Escalate incidents to Senior Support Workers or Hub Manager and contribute to incident reporting where required
- Proactively contribute to daily debriefs
- Assist Senior Support Workers and Hub Manager to ensure that the Hub is well presented and welcoming at all times.
Most importantly we ask that you actively engage and promote the Fighting Chance values:
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Fighting Chance’s culture, performance and brand
- Actively support Fighting Chance’s commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion and EEO
- Constructively contribute and collaborate with all colleagues
- Actively demonstrate the organisational values:
- Our community is built on inclusiveness, equality and empowerment.
- We approach everything we do with innovation and dynamism.
- Our social enterprises will always be responsive, sustainable and excellent.
- Our work will make a contribution and have impact.
- Deliver high quality work that supports our operating environment
- Demonstrate compliance with all legislation and policies and procedures
All Support Workers must have a current Working with Children Check, National Police Check and current Provide First Aid certification as a minimum for application (or willing to obtain)
- Purpose centered work
- Ongoing Learning and Development
- Salary Packing options available