- Join a social enterprise that is shaking up the disability day program space!
- Fixed term 6 month contract
- Part time, 3 days per week
- Parramatta Location
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers people with disability the opportunity to:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Opportunity awaits! join a fast growing NFP. This is a newly created role joining the Community Engagement team!
The Community Engagement Lead is responsible for both the initial engagement of participants and the ongoing relationship with them, within Avenue Parramatta.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY INCLUDE:
- Oversight of the co-working space existing participant caseload and the pipeline of prospective participants
- Respond to enquiries from potential referrers and new participants
- Management of participant recruitment involving initial tours, trial days and the completion of intake procedures/documentation
- Understanding of participants overall NDIS budget and coordination of Schedule of Supports and any ongoing change to the Schedule of Supports
- With the Manager, maintain an ongoing dialogue with participants and families to manage issues, grievances, and feedback on services
- Develop and maintain relations within the local community and with a local referral network
- Manage and attend Expos and similar post-school promotional events
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- A high level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining relationships
- Strong organisational skills to juggle multiple scenarios and the ability to prioritise in response to dynamic business needs
- Ability to work hands-on as part of a team, and autonomously when required
- Desirable - understanding of (and/or experience with) NDIS and working with people with disability
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (social/community services/allied health) and/or 3+ years recent experience in a customer-centric position
- Operational, customer service and/or administrative business experience
ALSO REQUIRED TO:
- Possess the right to work in Australia
- Travel domestically on occasion
- Possess a current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate and Working With Children Check
- Possess a current unrestricted NSW driver's license
- Salary packaging options
- Collaborative and positive work culture
- Purpose centred work
- Ongoing professional development
If this sounds like you please apply today, with your current resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position. Please ensure you select "Parramatta" as the Co-Working Space you are interested in working at on the application form- or, your application may no be reviewed.
A full Position Description is attached below.