- Make a meaningful difference for people living with disabilities
- Thrive within a supportive, inclusive and collaborative environment
- Full time position, working across multiple locations (Botany, Frenchs Forest & Parramatta)
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & AVENUE:
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. Avenue is one of these enterprises.
Avenue is not your average day program! We are a series of Co-Working Spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each Co-Working Space offers:
- Work: Avenue forms and facilitates micro-enterprises to enable participants to utilise their skills and contribute to the economy
- Learn: Avenue offers participants a range of learning and skill development opportunities, across a range of content areas including work skills, social skills and personal development
- Socialise: Avenue offer participants the opportunity to engage actively and meaningfully in social aspects of community life and develop friendships
Find out more here: https://avenuecoworking.org.au/.
The Behaviour Support Coordinator is crucial in improving our support of individuals with complex or challenging behaviours to enhance the quality of life for individuals and families, through the implementation, education and review of positive behaviour support across Avenue.
The Behaviour Support Coordinator provides training and contributes to the development of our staff to ensure they are providing person-centred support services and meeting the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission requirements.
- Practice Support and Guidance
- Stakeholder Liaison and Relationship Management
- Staff Training
- Reporting and Risk
- Values and Behaviour
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE:
- A relevant qualification and/or 2+ years previous experience in similar program/support service delivery in the disability or similar sector
- Experience in relevant areas of practice with people who exhibit challenging behaviours, intellectual and/or cognitive disabilities, particularly in the area of risk management and reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the needs of people with a disability
- Experience in developing and delivering training and support to staff regarding positive behaviour support (MAPA highly regarded)
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver training and ongoing support to staff around positive behaviour support and assist in the implementation of this practice.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with others to ensure positive relationships with stakeholders both internal and external.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and risk management processes within a disability service provider context.
- Knowledge of legislation, policy and service standards including NDIS, disability, mainstream and community service systems.
- Have explicit knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support including functional behaviour assessments, intervention and service delivery practices and restrictive practice processes.
- Demonstrated ability to collate information, analyse and prepare reports and/or recommendations for relevant stakeholders.
- Evidence of a commitment to ongoing learning and innovation in developing and evolving practice and service culture.
- A passion for working with people with disability, particularly those with complex support needs.
- Willingness to travel Sydney-wide for work.
- Collaborative and positive work culture
- Flexible workplace policy
- On-site parking
- Purpose centred work
- Ongoing development, training and support
HOW TO APPLY:
If this sounds like you please apply today, with your current resume and cover letter addressing the above essential criteria.
A position description is attached.