- Permanent part-time position with the potential of becoming full-time
- Competitive hourly rate + salary packaging options
- Northern Beaches location
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family.
Our mission is to ask ‘WHAT IF?’, to see the world as it isn’t yet, to image a future quite different to the present. And then to make it happen.
Fighting Chance was founded in 2011 and has since gone on to create multiple social businesses, Shared Accommodation is one of these. Our Shared Accommodation Services consists of two locations, Casa Mia House is our Northern Beaches House.
Support Workers build professional and personal relationships with the housemates based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals to live independently.
The Senior Support Worker is a key role, working in the house to enable and empower housemates to live independently. The Senior Support Worker provides leadership and support for the other Support Workers, taking initiative and solving problems to ensure the best support is provided to the housemates.
This role is currently part-time with the potential of becoming full-time.
- Direct Support, including mealtime assistance and personal care.
- Administration and Reporting.
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Wellbeing practices.
- Driving and transporting housemates to appointments and activities.
- Participate in the supervision of Support Workers.
- Builds professional and positive relationships with housemates and team members and be able to respond as directed to changes in housemates and organisational needs.
Skills and experience:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication.
- An understanding of the principles of active and person-centred support (Training provided).
- Have a passion for and 1-2 years’ experience working with people with disability.
- Natural leadership skills.
- Positive outlook and a willingness to learn.
- A qualification in disability/ community services (Desirable).
- The right to work in Australia.
- A NSW drivers licence.
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current satisfactory National Police. Clearance Certificate and Working with Children Check.
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID003).
- Collaborative and positive work culture.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Purpose centered work.
- Salary packaging option available.