ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE
Fighting Chance designs, builds and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps. Our mission is to ask ‘WHAT IF?’, to see the world as it isn’t yet, to image a future quite different to the present. And then to make it happen!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based at our Frenchs Forest Headquarters, this role will be managing the day to day HR operation of the business.
Reporting to the CEO, your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing best practice HR strategies and solutions, providing direct hands-on advice to our growing enterprises.
- Development of HR policy and procedures.
- Staff movement administration (new starters, terminations, promotions etc.).
- Supporting the management of end to end recruitment for Head Office and enterprises.
- Working with finance on supporting fortnightly payroll requirements and salary packaging details.
- Workers Compensation - work with our Risk & Compliance Manager to develop a strong framework for the management of WHS/OHS and workers compensation claims across our enterprises.
- Responding to HR policy, staff compliance, training and payroll inquiries.
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
- Supporting two HR Coordinators (based in enterprises).
Benefits and perks
- N4P Salary packaging.
- Flexible work practices.
- Opportunity to be part of a passionate team who are making a difference for people with disability and their families.
- Frenchs Forest/Northern Beaches Location.
- Convenient on-site parking, also close to public transport options.
Skills and experience
- Qualifications relevant to HRM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in interpreting awards and FWA legislations.
- Exposure to HR metrics and be able to produce reports as needed.
- Knowledge of administrative requirements for both Industrial and Employee Relations.
- Understanding and experience in performance management, resolution of grievances and investigations.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise workload.
- Experience in payroll desirable.