- Exciting opportunity with ongoing support and development
- SCHADS Award + penalty rates + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- Permanent Part-time position or Casual, Northern Beaches Location
ABOUT FIGHTING CHANCE & ACCOMMODATION
Fighting Chance believes that people with disability should have unrestricted access to homes, not just houses. Homes where housemates and families choose who supports them, how they want support and when they want support. Homes that are welcoming and don’t feel like workplaces or institutions. Homes where residents are supported to live full and enriching lives on their terms.
Fighting Chance’s accommodation enterprise puts people with disability and their families at the forefront of choice about how accommodation services are delivered. Set to expand rapidly over the next few years, our innovative model of supported independent living focuses on a person-centred, family governance model. At the core of this is the Family Governance Committee who collaborate with their team to ensure that true choice and control are prioritised for all housemates.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you someone who enjoys meaningful work, helping others live their life to the full? We are looking for a dynamic and passionate support worker to join our team in Narraweena (Northern Beaches). The Support Worker is a key role, working in the house to enable and empower housemates to live independently.
THE ROLE INCLUDES:
- Delivering personalised support
- Providing in-home support by assisting housemates to create healthy meals, with personal care and administering medication
- Supporting housemates to engage and participate in their community
- Assisting with medical appointments
- Following the instructions and values of the families of the housemates
- Complete and enter any case notes for housemates you have directly supported into the Client Management System
YOUR SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- A passion for moving the dial for individuals with disability
- A commitment to providing responsive, person-centred and considerate care
- A positive and energetic personality
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Support, mentoring, career guidance and coaching to enable your career development with progression opportunities into leadership roles
- Flexible working arrangements (casual or part-time)
- A dedicated house manager, who is a central point of contact and coordination
- Accredited NDIS training, as well as specialised training for the housemates you are supporting
- Nursing experience (Desirable)
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evening, weekend and sleepover shifts
- Have the right to work in Australia
- NSW Drivers Licence & Reliable vehicle
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate & Working with Children Check
- Possess Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
How to apply
Please click Apply Now to apply via our Employment Application Form including a cover letter and your current resume. Please select "Casa Mia" as the Accommodation you are interested in working at.