Fighting Chance designs, builds, and scales social enterprises which move the dial for Australians with disability and their family. We work to identify the challenges, hurdles and barriers faced by people with disability in their everyday lives and then design and build sustainable social enterprise businesses to bridge these gaps.
Avenue Parramatta is not your average day program! We are a series of co-working spaces for people of all abilities, regardless of their support needs; working to a vision for a world in which work is accessible for all. Our mission is to build a network of co-working spaces, bringing world-class work, social and learning opportunities to people of all abilities. Each co-working space offers people with disability the opportunity to enjoy working, learning, and socialising.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing every aspect of the co-working space. A high level of administration, operational, people management and leadership skills are required to drive a committed workforce to deliver best practice support for our team members.
WHY YOU’LL LIKE US:
We think we have an unbeatable workforce, and so we want to recognise and support our staff. A role with Avenue Parramatta means you’ll have:
- Support, mentoring, career guidance and ongoing informal and formal professional development opportunities and a strong training and learning culture
- Salary Packaging which means more money in your pocket by paying less tax!
- Wellness days - 4 extra days off a year to relax, recharge and refresh
- Purpose centred work
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team, helping to build a fantastic workplace culture
- Assist the Avenue Manager in the effective operations of the Hub
- Staff recruitment, onboarding, ongoing engagement, and leadership
- Compiling weekly staff rosters
- Developing and maintaining excellent participant and family/support network relationships as well as with other key stakeholders
- Maintenance of participant database to ensure relevant and reliable data for billing and business intelligence reporting
- Overseeing the effective delivery and administration of Avenue’s program elements: Work, Social and Learning
- Adherence to legislation and organisational policies and procedures to ensure appropriate health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience in the management of a multidisciplinary team in a service delivery environment
- Values-driven, positive and a passion for social enterprise and supporting people with disability
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build a team focused on consistent high quality and constant improvement
- Ability to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others
- Highly developed administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a diverse range of people
- Possess or be willing to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check and a Working with Children Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain Provide First Aid (HLTAID00)
- Fully Covid Vaccination including Booster
Avenue is not ‘your average’ day program! So, if you are not ‘your average’ employee, we want to hear from you!
To be considered for this position please attach a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position, along with your current resume
Find out more here: