- Use your skills and expertise to provide legal counsel across The Foundation’s 26 global operations
Permanent Part Time 3 Days, Location Sydney CBD with flexible working options available
- MAKE AN IMPACT THE WORLD CAN SEE
A rare and exciting opportunity exists to join one of Australia's most well respected and fastest growing international development organisations – The Fred Hollows Foundation as well as Alina Vision. Working across 26 countries, our vision is for a world where no one is needlessly blind.
Reporting to the Legal Governance Risk & Compliance Director, the General Counsel Alina Vision & Commercial Initiatives is accountable for leading the legal and governance aspects of our Social Enterprise Alina Vision and the M&A / commercial initiative aspects of The Foundation’s work in a way that is aligned to The Foundation’s Values and Strategy.
- Best practice legal and governance for our social enterprise Alina Vision.
- Excellent legal, commercial and policy advice for merger, acquisition and divestment activity at The Foundation including embedding business as usual arrangements post-completion and legal relationships with third party stakeholders.
- Supporting The Foundation in key Finance initiatives and international contracts.
- Support and advise The Foundation on the legal aspects of undertaking new commercial initiatives.
- Legal aspects of other change activity, for example transition or termination of key external relationships and/or entering into new jurisdictions plus where relevant exit.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on legal aspects of projects including the engagement with external legal, accounting, regulatory and industry bodies where appropriate.
- Collaborate within the Legal Governance Risk & Compliance team to enhance delivery of services to stakeholders.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Strong experience with cross-border M&A
- Strong experience in international governance
- PQE 15+ in Australia or other common law jurisdiction
- Significant experience with autonomous provision of legal services in an in-house environment
Something extra to get our attention:
- Experience in a number of the following legal fields: M&A; tax; cross border transactions; corporate governance; contract management and change projects
- Experience in one or more of the following key jurisdictions outside Australia: HK; UK, US
- Experience at a top-tier firm.
- Experience in project management and/or corporate transactions
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, then we have a number of programs in place to support you.
- Doing meaningful work that will help shape the lives of those living in communities
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output not hours
- Generous leave allowances, including time of for cultural significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development
To find out more about our benefits click here.
How to apply & who to contact
Applications can be made by clicking Apply Now and should include an up to date resume and letter of application that addresses all areas expressed in the ‘experience & skills’ section of the Role Purpose document.
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Amanda Pena @ email@example.com, using the subject line: General Counsel Alina Vision & Commercial Initiatives enquiry via EthicalJobs..
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.