- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- Permanent, Full-Time position located in Sydney or Melbourne with flexible work arrangements
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
Come and join our international development organisation, working to eliminate avoidable blindness. Currently operating in over 25 countries throughout Australia, the Pacific, Africa, South Asia and South East Asia, The Foundation has restored sight to over two million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five year strategic plan that aims to take The Foundation even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to good health.
The ANCP Program is a unique Australian Development Program, which partners with accredited NGO’s through the provision of funds to support the successful delivery of FHF programs. The ANCP Grant Program Lead is accountable for the grant management and administration of the ANCP portfolio, day to day engagement with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and working with countries to ensure successful delivery of the projects within the ANCP grant portfolio in line with The Foundation’s strategic framework.
- Coordinate the delivery of the ANCP portfolio and all associated projects in all the countries, ensuring strategic and quality oversight.
- Working with Programs Commercial Partner and Grant Finance Manager monitor, analyse and advise on income and expenditure of the ANCP projects according to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Responsible for the development, completion and submission of all ANCP deliverables including Annual Development Plans, Recognised Development Expenditure figures and Annual Performance Reports.
Strategic Relationship Management
- Ensure the obligations of the ANCP Partnership are fulfilled in accordance with the ANCP Grant Agreement, including participation in relevant meetings and events (for example Annual Reflection Workshops and Annual Learning Workshops), and input into joint submissions and activities.
- Coordinate the representation of The Foundation in relevant DFAT forums and working groups and represent The Foundation when relevant in liaison with the Grant Portfolio Manager.
People Management and Development
- Manage and support the work of the ANCP Grant Program Coordinator and any other staff that will be assigned to the FHF ANCP team. This includes recruitment, coaching, mentoring and professional development of direct report/s
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Extensive experience working within the International Development sector.
- Previous grants and program management experience with institutional donors such as DFAT, DFID (now FCDO), USAID, EU etc.
- Experience of working with country teams to support the delivery of international development projects
- Knowledge of donor contracts and agreements.
- Knowledge of the project management cycle including project development/design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring.
HOW WE RECOGNISE YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, then we have a number of programs in place to support you.
- Doing meaningful work that will help shape the lives of those living in communities
- Flexible work environment – we focus on output not hours
- Generous Leave allowances, including time off for cultural significant/ceremonial leave
- Ongoing commitment to your continuous learning and career development
To find out more about our benefits click here.
If this opportunity appeals to you and suits your skills, we would love to have a confidential conversation with you. Please reach out to our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Amanda Pena at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: ANCP Grant Program Lead enquiry via EthicalJobs, kind note that CVs will not be considered through this email address.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children and community partners in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.