- Full time fixed term contract until June 2021
- Help people live independent and bold lives!
- Based in the Burdekin area as part of our Townsville team
Feros Care is proud to partner with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to deliver Local Area Coordination services in the Townsville region.
We are looking for a Local Area Coordinator (LACs) to join us in empowering people with disability, their families and carers to build, pursue and fulfil their goals and aspirations while exercising choice and control when engaging with the NDIS.
We want our team to be made up of people from all walks of life. Feroswould not be where we are today without the unique make up of Tribal Shapers, Vibrant Creators and Game Changers that help us to thrive every day. We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory.
What will I be responsible for?
- Assisting people with disability, families, carers and broader communities to access relevant information about the NDIS and assist with enquiries about the scheme
- Assisting participants to develop a plan which includes their goals, needs and wishes
- Guiding and assisting participants to build capacity to undertake self-management
- Assisting people deemed not eligible for the NDISscheme, their families, and carers with information linkages and supports to utilise natural supports and connect with their community
- Build and maintain strong relationships and positive partnerships within the wider community
- Work collaboratively with local communities to promote a welcoming and inclusive environment for people with disability and promote employment and volunteering opportunities
- Based in the Burdekin region and available to travel around the region to meet with participants
- Hold a relevant qualification in disability, community services or health related discipline
- Adaptable to change and resilient in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Positive and respectful communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed to supporting others and sharing knowledge in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience and an in-depth understanding of person-centred strengths-based planning and review
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with and delivering high quality services to people with disability, their families, carers and local communities
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to build and strengthen capacity and inclusive community practices
- Confident and everyday user of technology and the internet
- Current clean unrestricted drivers licence
- Available to attend initial training and orientationfor first 4 weeks of employment
- Option for a daily travel allowance or salary packaged vehicle
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Free access to health and fitness clubs
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people with disability, their families and carers, and the wider community
The selection process
To find the best possible LACs for our team, we have a thorough recruitment process in which you will need to go through in order to become a successful LAC. The first step is completing an online application. This includes several pre-screening questions. Some questions require detailed responses, explaining your previous experience and skills. These questions are provided below to assist you in preparing your application prior to submission.
- Tell us about a time when you have worked with a person with disability, their family and carer where you had to think creatively about positive initiatives for the participant or client.
- Tell us how you have used strengths-based planning principals to build a plan and coordinate services for a participant or client.
- Please provide an example of when you have worked with a community to successfully build capacity and awareness of a program or initiative.
Feros Care acknowledges the traditional owners of this land, the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People of this Country. We also pay respects to Elders past and present, who strive to build a better and more sustainable future for future generations.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a criminal records check in accordance with legislation and have the right to work in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact The Team at Feros Care on 07 5669 0559, quoting Ref No. 908080.
Position Description - Local Area Coordinator