- Work with an energetic and innovative team taking BOLD strides
- Full time, fixed term 3 year contract
- Located in our beach front Coolangatta office
The purpose of Finance Controller is to provide effective professional accounting services and support focusing on financial reporting, forecasting, analysis, costing, budgeting and systems management functions. As a senior member of the Finance Team the role will be responsible for the supervision of the accounting team and ensuring that they provide high quality business support services to both internal and external clients and stakeholders.
This is a full time, fixed term 3 year contract based in Coolangatta, QLD.
- Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation of end of month accounts
- Oversee the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee the preparation and lodgement of the monthly Business Activity Statements
- Preparation of management reports including committee and Board reports
- Ensure relevance and reliability of monthly financial reports ensuring they are user friendly to meet stakeholder needs
- Manage the end of financial year processes, including the preparation of supporting documentation and evidence for the external auditor's interim and year end visits
- Drive improvements in financial management systems and processes to maximise efficiency
- Monitor, review and test the ongoing effectiveness and relevance of the accounting services procedures ensuring compliance with statutory requirement and accounting standards
- Administer the timely preparation and lodgement of all necessary returns and forms, including statutory, funding and government acquittals and reports
- Preparation of annual operational budgets and forecasts
The boxes you will tick:
- Minimum 2years experience in management/leadership role
- Solid financial analysis and reporting (knowledge of GPFR)
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Proven communication and leadership skills
- Experience in reporting within a multiple cost centre organisation
- CPA/CA qualified (Financial accounting/business analyst experience) with at least 10 years post qualification experience
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Nic Gulliver on 07 5669 0559 (option 3), quoting Ref No. 915765.