- Have an expertise in psychosocial disability?
- Love admin, KPIs, change and showing off your tech skills?
- Join us on a full time, fixed term contract to June 2022
Feros Care is proud to partner with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to deliver Local Area Coordination services in the ACT.
We are looking for a Community Mental Health Local Area Coordinator to join us in empowering people with disability, their families and carers to build, pursue and fulfil their goals and aspirations while exercising choice and control when engaging with the NDIS.
The Community Mental Health Local Area Coordinator will ensure that participants and customers of the NDIS can access support outside of the Scheme by working collaboratively with the local community and mainstream services to raise awareness and become more inclusive of the needs of people with disability, namely psychosocial disability.
This is a full time, fixed term contract to June 2022.
What is the position responsible for?
- Confidently explaining the NDIS to people with disability, their family and the broader community
- Building rapport with people who are experiencing a mental health condition
- Assisting participants to develop a plan which includes their goals, needs and wishes
- Guiding and assisting participants to build capacity to undertake self-management
- Assisting people deemed not eligible for the NDIS scheme, their families, and carers with information linkages and supports to utilise natural supports and connect with their community
- Leading engagement across the mental health sector with the support of Local Area Coordinators, focusing on building and maintaining strong relationships and positive partnerships within the wider community
- Work collaboratively with local communities to promote a welcoming and inclusive environment for people with disability and promote employment and volunteering opportunities
- Hold a relevant qualification in mental health, disability, community services or health-related discipline, or demonstrated experience relevant to the role
- Demonstrated experience and an in-depth understanding of person-centred, strengths-based planning and review for people experiencing mental health issues
- Adaptable to change and resilient in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Positive and respectful communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed to supporting others and sharing knowledge in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with and delivering high-quality services to people with disability, their families, carers and local communities
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to build and strengthen capacity and inclusive community practices
- Confident and everyday user of technology and the internet
- Current unrestricted drivers licence
- Available to attend initial training and orientation first 4 weeks of employment
- Technology kits including a laptop and smartphone
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Free access to health and fitness clubs
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development (face-to-face and online learning)
- Plus, meaningful experiences through empowering people with disability, their families and carers, and the wider community
We want our team to be made up of people from all walks of life. Feros Care would not be where we are today without the unique make up of Game Changers, Dream Makers and Vibrant Creators that help us to thrive every day. We actively seek to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. We harness a culture that embraces individual differences in all its glory and values cultural intelligence.
Feros Care is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability. If you would like to discuss accessibility requirements, preferred communication methods and/or adjustments please contact email@example.com using the subject line: Community Mental Health Local Area Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Feros Care acknowledges and pays respect to the Traditional Custodians of this land on which we work.
When successful, you will be required to undertake a national police check, Working with Children Check and provide evidence of your right to work in Australia.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact The Team at Feros Care on 07 5669 0559 - option 3, quoting Ref No. 949780.
Position Description _ Local Area Coordinator, Community Mental Health