- Exciting opportunity to join the largest and most trusted food relief charity.
- Full time role supporting schools and charities providing food relief to people in need.
- Suits a candidate prepared to travel throughout NSW and the ACT on a regular basis.
- Membership database and relationship building experience essential.
- Vehicle, laptop, phone and company uniform provided.
- Competitive not-for-profit salary and benefits.
- Commencing December 2020.
Foodbank NSW & ACT (FBNA) is the largest and most trusted food relief charity operating in NSW and the ACT. It acts as a pantry for about 1000 charities, community groups and schools that provide food directly to people in need, supplying food for more than 22 million meals in the past year.
FBNA is part of a federation of Foodbanks operating across the country to fight hunger in Australia.
- The School Breakfast 4 Health & Agencies Coordinator (SB&AC) will assist in expanding the School Breakfast 4 Health program (SB4H), targeting schools in lower socio economic areas.
- The SB&AC will support schools with guidance and assistance to establish and maintain the program, so students get the best start to their day.
- The SB&AC will liaise and build relationships with existing charity partners that access the services of FBNA.
- The SB&AC will be responsible for maintaining the membership database, updating records and providing report data as required.
- Resilient and driven to succeed on the vision and direction of the organisation.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and able to work unsupervised.
- A team player with demonstrated ability to work independently within the context of a plan, with a track record of achieving targets.
- Tenacious, highly energetic and hands-on, with the personal style and intellect to quickly gain the respect of all the FBNA team.
- Enjoy working with other teams within the organisation to help them achieve their goals.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations.
- Possess strong ethics and credibility with a high degree of integrity.
- Confident and articulate, conveying a strong personal presence coupled with effective presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel throughout NSW & ACT, sometimes at short notice.
Selection criteria – Essential:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Community Services/Development and/or equivalent work experience.
- Hold and maintain a current driver’s licence.
- Willingness to undertake professional development and learn new skills within the organisation.
- Willingness to undertake a criminal record check.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check.
- Ability and willingness to drive and travel to all areas across NSW and the ACT.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Experience using a membership database or CRM.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pride and care with personal appearance.
Selection criteria – Desirable
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Nutrition, Education and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM platform.
- Presentation experience.
- Ability and willingness to communicate with media outlets.
Applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.