- Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 + Super + NFP Salary Sacrifice benefits
- Australia wide
- Full time, part-time will be considered.
FARE is a not-for-profit organisation striving for an Australia free from alcohol harm. Together with values-aligned organisations, health professionals, researchers and communities across the country, we develop evidence-informed policy, enable people-powered advocacy and deliver health promotion programs.
We believe that by working together we can create change to improve our collective health and wellbeing. FARE has a new leadership team, renewed energy and a refreshed strategic focus on how to improve health outcomes for all Australians.
About you - You are committed to continuous improvement, interested in driving change and looking to contribute to and be part of a passionate team of individuals.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON [RESPONSIBILITIES]
- Play an active role in the development, implementation and evaluation of FARE’s health promotion and behavior change strategies and activities for the National Program.
- Develop health promotion and behavior change content and products for use across media, print and digital (such as marketing materials, briefs, speeches, resource packs, websites, social media, video content, and presentations).
- Support the Campaigns and Communication team to assist in maintaining FARE’s digital communication channels (website, blogs, email, social) over the course of the National Program, including supporting responding to comments and enquiries.
- Assist in periodic evaluation, analysis and reporting on campaign and project outcomes, as well as financial reporting.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure staff teams are engaged, consulted and informed in a timely manner during the National Program.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholders, as required, including working with key stakeholders, partner organisations, consultants, contractors, and agencies in support of the National Program.
- Provide high-level health promotion support and advice to the CEO and leadership team, as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM [ATTRIBUTES]
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills that are adaptable to the priorities of the organisation (health promotion, public policy, campaign and organisational communications).
- Demonstrated understanding of health promotion theory and practice, with the ability to apply these in a range of settings and issue areas.
- Ability to undertake quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and summarising this data in high-quality written reports.
- Strong organisational and stakeholder management skills, including demonstrated ability to work with others across the organisation and at all levels.
- Sound financial management skills, including experience managing project budgets.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a health promotion, health policy, or stakeholder management role.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and implementing health promotion and/or behaviour change programs and campaigns.
- Relevant tertiary education qualifications in health promotion, health policy or related field.
- Experience or involvement with health promotion and/or behaviour change campaigns.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Aboriginal community-controlled health organisations.
FARE strives to be a supportive and welcoming workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and is committed to continuous improvement on this front.
Alcohol impacts many Australian communities, and so we especially want to make sure FARE is a workplace that embraces diversity and welcomes people who have lived experience of alcohol harms.
This role is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
- Generous salary sacrificing
- Gifted leave over holiday shut-down
Contact: If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Health Promotion Advisor enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone (02) 6122 8600 for more information.
A position description is attached.