- Salary: $75,000 - $80,000 + Super + NFP Salary Sacrifice benefits
- Canberra based, or remote options available.
- Full time, part-time will be considered.
FARE is a not-for-profit organisation striving for an Australia free from alcohol harm. Together with values-aligned organisations, health professionals, researchers and communities across the country, we develop evidence-informed policy, enable people-powered advocacy and deliver health promotion programs.
We believe that by working together we can create change to improve our collective health and wellbeing. FARE has a new leadership team, renewed energy and a refreshed strategic focus on how to improve health outcomes for all Australians.
About you - You are committed to continuous improvement, interested in driving change and looking to contribute to and be part of a passionate team of individuals.
We are a passionate and committed team that is developing and delivering innovative policy solutions and health promotion programs that reduce alcohol harm and supporting effected communities and people with lived experience to elevate their voices in public policy advocacy.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON [RESPONSIBILITIES]
- Monitoring and analysis of emerging research and data relating to alcohol use and harm.
- Collating evidence into briefs and reports, to support FARE’s engagement with media and stakeholders.
- Undertaking literature reviews or rapid reviews on key and emerging issues.
- Undertake analysis of data and prepare research reports and briefs.
- Contribute research and analysis to policy submissions, reports and other written correspondence.
- Identifying research opportunities to support FARE’s Strategic Plan, such as community polling, focus groups and other research methodologies.
- Liaising with stakeholders including universities, research firms and other not-for-profit organisations.
- Managing research projects, including contract management.
- Work across the organisation to support the evaluations or health promotion projects and contribute to impact measurement.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM [ATTRIBUTES]
- Academic qualifications in social research, health, epidemiology, statistics, public policy or other relevant subject area.
- Professional experience in research assistance, including literature review and data analysis.
- Strong ability to synthesise information into briefing and reports.
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Strategic thinking, especially in relation to translating research into policy action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and across an organisation.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities within a dynamic environment.
- Values-based and outcomes focused.
FARE strives to be a supportive and welcoming workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work — and is committed to continuous improvement on this front.
Alcohol impacts many Australian communities, and so we especially want to make sure FARE is a workplace that embraces diversity and welcomes people who have lived experience of alcohol harms.
This role is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
- Generous salary sacrificing
- Gifted leave over holiday shut-down
Contact: If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Research Analyst enquiry via EthicalJobs or phone (02) 6122 8600 for more information.
A position description is attached.