- Salary packaging available
- Pastoral care program for staff
- Family orientated flexibility
- Work with an innovative and creative team
Do you want to be involved in supporting residents and people living with dementia to live their best life? Do you want to be part of a team of people with unique skillsets and strengths that work towards being innovative in aged care? We have exciting opportunities available for creative and passionate people to join our lifestyle team and be involved with new programs!
About the opportunity
Fairview is seeking Lifestyle staff to join our dedicated and successful team as we provide quality holistic care and a lifestyle of choice for our elders that is specific to each individual’s needs and preferences whilst supporting and promoting an inclusive community. Fairview comprises of residential aged care, retirement living and offers home care services to the broader community. We embrace the Eden philosophy of care which provides an elder focused and homelike culture.
Fairview is a local Warragul, not for profit employer of choice offering a large amount of employee benefits including salary packaging. Various other corporate discounts are available through our employee incentive program.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Minimum Certificate IV Leisure/Lifestyle or training towards Certificate IV Leisure/Lifestyle, has qualifications in Occupational Therapy, Diversional Therapy, Art Therapy, Music Therapy etc.
- Experience engaging people with Dementia and empowering and enabling people living with dementia to do what they love
- A genuine passion and commitment for aged care
- Empathy and resident focussed
- Experience running groups
- Be able to take direction from the leader of the team
- Have the values and vision that meaningless activity corrodes the human spirit. Meaning is unique to each of us and is essential to health and well-being.
- Available nights for our evening lifestyle program that supports people living with dementia
- To be adaptable, display initiative and the ability to problem solve
- To be compassionate, patient and display a non-judgemental attitude towards people
- Ability to liaise with residents, representatives, families, volunteers and community / cultural groups to deliver program and individual outcomes
- A person centred approach to delivering innovative group and individual meaningful programs aligned with best practice
- Outstanding teamwork skills to support the achievement of shared goals
- Time management skills
Please submit your application including cover letter and detailed resume.