- Flexible role 2/3 days a week.
Summary of the Job:
The Community Nurse is responsible for providing clinical support and advice to the General Practitioner and Exodus Staff at the Social Health and Wellbeing Clinic in Ashfield. The Community Nurse is also responsible for providing health services to the Exodus Foundation’s extended community through outreach to neighbouring areas in Sydney (this will be conducted in collaboration with the Exodus Food Vans during lunch outreach visits 2 days a week).
- At least 5 years within a clinical setting in Australia such as providing clinical support to a GP in a medical practice.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent.
- Current registration or eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse (List A) with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA).
- Experience in mental health, drug and alcohol health - nursing practice in a range of clinical settings.
- With accident and emergency (ED) A&E experience.
- Experience with medical practice software (Medical Director/ Pracsoft; Bestpractice).
- Can work with autonomy, but also demonstrates initiative to work within the community/outreach models.
- Personal passion for community health, welfare, and embracing a holistic approach to social health and wellbeing outcomes to disadvantaged and marginalized sectors of the community.
The role includes:
The primary duties and essential job functions of the Community Nurse are;
- To work closely with and assist the General Practitioner and other members of the SHW team to ensure that the best possible primary health care is provided to guests.
- To conduct community visits with the Exodus Outreach team when required.
- Contribute to departmental planning and support the Exodus Foundation in developing and maintaining a holistic approach to service delivery.
- Providing physical and general psychological comfort and support.
- Assisting with assessment of guest health needs, including observation.
- Monitoring and measuring clients’ health status.
- Experience and able to administer a phlebotomy.
- Experience and able to administer vaccines.
- Undertaking nursing interventions relevant to the level of practice or accreditation.
- Providing consultation and collaborative management with team members, and other agencies observing cultural sensitivity, confidentiality, and clients’ rights.
- Developing effective working relationships with other Health clinicians in the acute and non-acute setting and with NGOs to assist in advocating for clients.
Specifically, the Community Nurse will be accountable for:
- Treating all people with dignity, is calm and acts with humility.
- Patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
- Displays professionalism, confidentiality, and tact, especially in difficult situations
- Able to adapt communication style to deal with diverse audiences
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
A position description is attached.
For more information about The Exodus Foundation, please visit our website at https://www.billcrews.org/
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Please no recruitment agencies.