The Electrical Trades Union is one of Australia’s largest trade unions, actively representing its members in Employment Courts and Tribunals across Australia.
You will be an experienced paralegal with extensive experience in private law firms or equivalent. Previous experience in employment law is valued but not required. It is essential that you:
- Have a high attention to detail;
- Are self-motivated and possess initiative;
- Are capable of working both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Are confident with Word and Excel, including in developing spreadsheets;
- Are confident and experienced in dealing directly with clients or equivalent.
Your routine duties will consist of providing legal and administrative support, including (but not limited to):
- Drafting and formatting correspondence, court documents, and briefs;
- Interviewing members and taking witness statements;
- File maintenance and management;
- Creating and managing precedent documents;
- Undertaking research and investigating precedents;
- Summarising evidence and producing tables;
- Filing documents with courts and tribunals;
- Diary management;
- Attending meetings and undertaking note taking;
- General office administration duties;
- Answering telephone inquiries;
- Greetings guests, members, and visitors to the Divisional Office; and,
- Assist with administrative projects as needed.
This is a full-time and permanent position based in the Union’s Rosebery office. The position enjoys above market salary and conditions of employment.