This role is not for the faint hearted. We need you to be brave and here’s why…
We exist to serve those in the Queensland community that live with or are impacted by epilepsy. We provide information, support and education and actively engage and support research that could change a life. Above all, we provide hope to those when they need it the most.
We aspire for our impact to be far reaching, across the state and into local communities reaching the 28,000 people with a diagnoses of epilepsy and the 3000 people each year that will receive one.
About this Role
As a leader in our organisation you will live our vision and role model our values and behaviours while you provide clear and transparent direction to ensure the success of our Fundraising and Partnership team.
This hands on role is critical in linking our supporters to our impact in meaningful and engaging ways that nurtures relationships and grows revenue so we can do more.
We define success in this role as:
- The experience provided to our supporters encourages ongoing growth in giving, leading us to reach our goal of being more independent of government funding
- We understand the profiles and journey of our supporters and our messaging is sharp, focused and tailored accordingly
- Our resources are allocated to high value impact and we invest in smart ways to engage with everyday supporters through technology
- Our fundraising calendar is contemporary and innovative and our technology platforms and branding supports us standing out from the crowd.
- We have mapped relevant philanthropic and grant opportunities and identified programs of work and/or ‘wish list’ of projects that are well scoped pending funding
- The contribution to the leadership of the organisation is valued by all staff and the leadership team is cohesive, united and brave.
How you achieve this success if where you skills, knowledge and experience come into play. Ideally you have both strategic and hands on experience across the donor spectrum and we are specifically looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates a commitment to our Vision and Values (behaving accordingly) and to uphold the human rights, dignity and wellbeing of the people we support
- Has a desire to lead, give and receive constructive feedback, be agile and drive improvements, break down silo’s and nurture a culture that supports our strategy
- Has tertiary qualification (Business, Marketing, Philanthropy or similar) ideally, but most importantly success in fundraising and revenue growth by breathing new life into programs across the donor spectrum.
- Has a passion for connecting donors with our impact, through an exceptional experience. You will have experience in the design and execution of that experience.
- Has outstanding interpersonal, communication, negotiation and organisational skills that leads to strong, constructive and impactful relationships.
- A willingness to learn, grow and develop in areas of the portfolio that are not currently your strength
- And role model safe behaviours and take an active role in ensuring the safety of those around you.
This is a full-time role based in our Woolloongabba office, however the success indicators and associated outcomes are far more important than where and when you will be.
If you would like to learn more about what a day in the life of this role might look like please call our Chief Executive Chris Dougherty on (07) 3435 5000 for a confidential discussion.
We will assess applications as they arrive and move quickly on candidates we like. Don’t be shy – apply now.