The Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand (EIANZ) is a professional association for environmental practitioners. We support practitioners throughout their careers from students and early careers to experienced and certified practitioners through to retirement. We harness the expertise of our members to progress environmental practice and advocate to improve sustainability outcomes.
Our mission is to connect and support environmental practitioners to promote a sustainable future.
About the role
This exciting part-time position is for an initial 6 month contract with the potential to renew.
- Develop a business plan, including a financial model, for the implementation of EIANZ's early career professional (ECP) development program
- Identify and document courses for training ECPs in environmental proficiencies
- Prepare documentation that provides clarity on roles and responsibilities concerning the delivery of EIANZ's ECP development program, including implementation of an ECP coaching program that integrates with existing mentoring activities
- Initiate discussions with targeted private and government employer, tertiary institutions, and service providers, in relation to ECP training needs, gaps and opportunities
- Oversee the implementation of EIANZ's ECP development program, working with Institute business units
- Coordinate EIANZ's webinar program, working with Institute business units
- Play a key role in the development of a strategic and coherent professional development framework
- Work with Institute business units to update the proficiency matrix to reflect contemporary environmental skills and attributes across all career stages
- Work with Institute business units to help ensure the professional development needs of environmental practitioners are identified and met.
- Flexible working environment
- Good parking and close to Tram (no. 109)
- Friendly small team environment
Skills and experience
Key selection criteria
- Experience coordinating, developing and evaluating professional development programs and activities, including online management systems and tools
- Experience in and understanding of contemporary approaches to continuing professional development
- Proven ability to program manage and evaluate, including experience in managing timelines and budgets
- Highly developed communication skills including written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to network and build relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholder
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and adaptively in a team-based environment
- Successful track record in learning and development management including experience in training design and delivery
- Experience working with a not-for-profit or similar organisation
- Knowledge of the environment profession
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience
- Must be legally able to work in Australia
- Collaborative, supportive and inclusive
- Ethical, transparent, accountable and professional
- Innovative, flexible and proactive
A full position description is available below.