Edgar’s Mission is a not for profit sanctuary for rescued farmed animals that seeks to create a humane and just world for humans and non-humans. Set on 153 peaceable acres situated just outside of Lancefield, the sanctuary is nestled in the tranquillity of the Macedon Ranges.
Edgar’s Mission rescues and provides sanctuary to farmed animals in need, currently providing lifelong love and care to over 430 rescued animals. Through education, outreach, advocacy, community enrichment and sanctuary tours, we encourage people to expand their circle of compassion to include all animals.
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude towards advocating on behalf of farmed animals.
- Significant experience in the safe handling of farmed or large animals with sound understanding of their health and behavioural needs.
- High degree of physical fitness and the willingness to perform manual and hands-on work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to Work 5 days (38hours), working 4 weekdays and 1 weekend (working across the weekend) Hours vary from 7:30am to 3:30pm during cooler months, and 6:00am to 2:00pm in warmer months.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to take and give constructive feedback and respond to the feedback accordingly.
- Excellent observational skills.
- A flexible and proactive attitude with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
- Reliable with excellent time management skills.
- A current driver’s licence
- Experience working at an animal sanctuary, shelter or advocacy organisation
Provide for the daily care needs of rescued farmed animals, including:
- Following daily feeding and watering schedules.
- Cleaning and maintaining animal housing, bedding and yards to EM training standards.
- Monitoring animal health and wellbeing.
- Assisting with all aspects of animal care, health and rehabilitation regimes as directed.
- Provide a safe and enriching environment.
- Cleaning and maintaining animal care equipment and transport vehicles to EM training standards.
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with the associated checklist.