- Permanent Full-Time
- Monday -Friday
- Work in the rewarding Public Health Sector
- Box Hill location
- Generous employee benefits
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
An opportunity exists at Wellington House residential withdrawal unit for a passionate and enthusiastic psychologist with a sound clinical knowledge and experience in conducting therapeutic AOD group facilitation and individual counselling. You will be passionate about helping individuals develop effective coping skills to build resilience and life skills.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Psychologist (Registration endorsement, eligibility for endorsement, or eligibility to work towards endorsement in Approved Area of Practice of Psychology)
- Experience in the AOD field with program coordination, individual counselling and group facilitation experience
- Demonstrated an understanding of and experience with managing group dynamic
- Proven skills in the application of assessment, collaborative care as well as development of individual treatment plans
- Knowledge of current alcohol and other drug interventions
- Demonstrated ability to working with multi-disciplinary team(s), and understanding of and commitment to client centred work including collaborative (shared) care planning
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients with co-morbidities
- Working within confidentiality and privacy guidelines
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online - click Apply Now
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence