- Permanent Part Time (77 hours per fortnight)
- Box Hill location
- Work close to home
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
As the leading agency of the inner east AOD consortium (ECADS),Turning Point Eastern Treatment Service (TPETS) is looking for a permanent part time enthusiastic, passionate and experienced Intake clinician to join our multi-disciplinary team at Carrington Road, Box Hill site in providing high quality AOD intake service to our clients and their families. You will be part of a team that provides a critical point of entry into the Victorian AOD treatment system as well as supporting the movement of existing AOD clients through the service system.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Qualifications in alcohol and drug studies with a minimum expectation of Certificate IV in alcohol and drug work.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in alcohol and other drug intake and assessment and client referral.
- Demonstrated understanding of harm reduction as a key concept underpinning approaches to client care in the Australian alcohol and drug sector as well as an appreciation of principles of recovery, including social connectedness, holistic care provision and peer based examples of wellness.
- Experience in the delivery of counselling, bridging support, brief intervention and care coordination.
- Demonstrated training and experience in providing evidenced-based treatment interventions including Relapse Prevention, Motivational Interviewing and Brief Intervention.
- Proven ability in working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with community based services.
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, click Apply Now today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury by clicking Apply Now
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence