- Temporary Part Time - 4 days a week
- Ringwood East location
- Further training will be offered to a successful applicant
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Turning Point Eastern Treatment Service provides evidence based AOD treatment to consumers in the Eastern Suburbs. The Turning Point AOD Counsellor and Group Facilitator will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team delivering a range of evidence-based clinical treatment interventions.
This role will provide AOD treatment but will also coordinate a program targeted to forensic clients. Activities include coordinating appointments and program activities, coordinating induction sessions for eligible clients, liaising with other treatment clinicians, Community Corrections, the Australian Community Services Organisation (ACSO) and other stakeholders. This role will work with other clinicians in the delivery of a group and individual program- this requires detailed record keeping and reporting back on outcomes and statistics.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- At least two years’ experience and demonstrated skills in alcohol and other drug assessments, withdrawal management, case management and client referral.
- Qualifications in alcohol and drug studies
- Experience in working with forensic clients in group and individual treatment settings
- Proactive coordination of group and individual forensic program activities
- Demonstrated understanding of harm reduction as a key concept underpinning approaches to client care in the Australian alcohol and drug sector as well as an appreciation of principles of recovery, including social connectedness, holistic care provision and peer based examples of wellness.
- Experience in the delivery of counselling and care coordination
- Possess knowledge of and the ability to provide effective interventions for consumers with co-occurring substance use and mental health problems (dual diagnosis) as a core component of the role appreciation of the dynamic nature and major trends in drug use in recent years, such as increase in use of pharmaceutical/prescribed agents and growth in abuse of psychostimulants and other illicit synthetic drugs
- Demonstrated training and experience in providing evidenced-based treatment interventions including Relapse Prevention, Motivational Interviewing and Brief Intervention
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online by clicking Apply Now
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence