- Develop and deliver NDIS employment programs to people with Down Syndrome.
- Support and apply steps towards the achievement of employment goals.
- Build and develop participants' skill base.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following selection criteria:
- Have training, teaching or disability employment experience
- Demonstrate respect for the individual and value diversity
- Have experience in putting skills programs together in a creative way. i.e role playing
- Be able to create resources suitable to the learning style of the participant
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be proficient in Office 365
- Have strong community networking skills
- Understand the NDIS framework
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating patience, an ability to listen and a positive attitude
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and have the ability for flexibility of hours
- Have good time management skills and be reliable, responsible and organised
- Have a current National Police check and current WA Class C driver’s license
- Own a registered, regularly serviced and reliable car.
- Have Australian residency status.
- NB: A current first Aid course certificate is desirable
Qualifications and Educational requirements
- Completion of year 12 and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; OR
- Teaching qualification
Please refer to our website for further information on our services www.downsydrome.org.au/wa.
Any questions regarding the role please email email@example.com, using the subject line: Employment Pathways Co-ordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
A position description is attached.