- Fixed term full time position until 30 June 2021
drummond street services is excited to announce that we are designing and implementing a new program to provide a whole-of-family response when young people are causing harm or using of violence in the home, recognising that many of these young people are also victims of family violence (FV).
Existing ds Child and Family Practitioners and Specialist Family Violence Practitioners will work alongside the FV Youth Specialist, offering differential support within a whole of family framework, supervised by a Practice Lead. Using a therapeutic, trauma-informed approach, this role will provide intake, ongoing individual, family, risk and safety assessments, case planning, therapeutic case management and counselling, case review, warm referrals to appropriate local services and relevant interventions for young people using and experiencing family violence. The program is being delivered across the north west region of Melbourne.
The team will be responsible for:
- Providing intake, ongoing individual, family, risk and safety assessments, case planning, therapeutic case management and counselling, case review, warm referrals to appropriate local services and relevant interventions for young people using and experiencing family violence
- Working collaboratively with ds Child and Family Practitioners and Specialist Family Violence Practitioners, ensuring that individuals and families’ safety and freedom underpins all interventions
- Liaising with internal and external services to maintain relevant links and networks to strengthen services for young people and their families
- Providing Group Work Programs for young people, applying sound theoretical and practical expertise in working with young people who are using and experiencing family violence
ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE CRITERIA
- Minimum Degree level qualification in social work, psychology, youth work or the equivalent
- Minimum of four years demonstrated Counselling and Specialist Case Management practice working with young people using and experiencing family violence, utilising a variety of intervention methods and the development of on-going support structures
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of group programs to young people using and experiencing family violence
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs, issues and sensitivities of people from diverse backgrounds including First Nation, LGBTIQ, people with all abilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people and communities
- Demonstrated experience of working with families with complex needs such as family violence, drug and alcohol and mental health issues
- Demonstrated organisational skills including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work tasks
- Demonstrated capacity to work creatively, show initiative, contribute ideas and be active in a supportive team environment in a busy Family Relationship Agency
- SCHADS Level 5
- Salary packaging is available
A position description is attached. For more information, phone (03) 9663 6733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Family Violence Youth Specialist enquiry via EthicalJobs.