- Duration until 30 June 2023
- First Nations People and people from Culturally Diverse Communities, LGBTIQ+ people and people with disability are encouraged to apply
- Applicants who have a lived experience are encouraged to apply
- Drummond Street Services is committed to prioritising child safety and adhere to the Reportable Conduct Scheme for organisations.
About the role
The Head to Health Geelong centre, a partnership between Neami National and Drummond Street, is an exciting new service which provides the Geelong community an alternative service to attend when experiencing mental health crisis. The service will have a strong focus on lived experience and will support a high engagement, multi-disciplinary crisis model.
The Family Support Practitioner is an exciting role, responsible for providing high quality services to consumers experiencing mental health crisis and their families presenting to Head to Health Geelong. You will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team inclusive of mental health clinicians, mental health registered nurses, medical officers and consultant psychiatrists. As a Family Practitioner, you will draw on your discipline skills, to engage with consumers and their families/friends/carers, other clinicians, the consumer’s treatment team and Lived Experience staff to provide high quality family support assessments and interventions aimed at improving mental health outcomes for consumers and their families accessing Head to Health Geelong.
- Provide support for consumers and their families that reduce risks and increase protective factors for a range of mental health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Utilise prevention and early intervention strategies that are holistic and family centred.
- Actively contribute as a team member to the delivery of integrated mental health service delivery with the aim to more effectively support consumers and their families and promote the recovery model.
- Support the design, delivery and implementation of evidence based and intentional family-based programs.
- Assertive engagement of consumer cohorts that have specific needs.
Please address the following in your application to be considered.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Family Therapy or Psychology and further training in relation to family work
- Significant experience in the family services and/or mental health sectors in a similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of a range of therapeutic approaches for individuals, couples, families
- Demonstrated experience with providing supportive counselling and case work that supports families with multiple and complex needs such as mental health, family violence, AOD issues
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs, issues and sensitivities of people from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal, LGBTIQ and culturally and linguistically diverse people and communities
- Demonstrated capacity to work creatively, show initiative, contribute ideas and be active in a supportive team environment in an agency working to support individual and family relationships
- Demonstrated high level written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- You identify as belonging to one or more of the communities with whom DS assertively engages
For further information please contact Silvana Arcifa on 9663 6733 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Family Support Practitioner - Head to Health Geelong enquiry via EthicalJobs
To apply for this position, click "Apply Now" and follow the instructions.
A position description is attached.