DPV Health is passionate about ensuring everyone has the opportunity to live a fulfilled life, regardless of their ability. We deliver flexible services so we can be responsive to a person’s goals, needs and lifestyle!
Discover DPV Health
DPV Health is a leading Healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
At DPV Health, we pride ourselves on being inclusive, and actively embrace and celebrate the diversity of all people within our communities. We are passionate about supporting people to lead happy, healthy lives. We are dedicated to working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with a disability and people from migrant or refugee backgrounds. DPV Health is a Child Safe organisation, committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. We are proud to be a Rainbow Tick accredited organisation; dedicated to the continued support for our LGBTIQ+ community.
A little about the role
As a Support Worker – Social Support & Home Care Services you will be responsible for:
- Delivering individual and group programs onsite at DPV Health’s range of locations, in the community or in the client's home.
- Provide personal care to clients in home and program, including prompting, toileting, showering and dressing.
- Ensure supports delivered are consumer directed approach as outlined in DPV Health Excellent Care Framework and Your Health Care Your Way guidelines.
- Contributing to assessments of the client’s goals, interests and needs.
- Assisting the Team Leader to maintain appropriate communication with carers and family members nominated by the client.
- Maintaining accurate comprehensive case notes and undertaking administrative duties associated with the role.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Disability or Individual Support, or currently working towards a relevant health qualification.
- Understanding of what is involved in working with people who are ageing and /or with a disability / mental health
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build rapport with clients and families
- Excellent time management, problem solving, communication and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team to create a positive culture
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, Active Service Model
- Community second language – Strongly preferred
- Must be triple vaccinated (COVID)
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Working With Children Check
- National Criminal History check
- Unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- Ability to drive DPV Health Buses (11-seater)
- This position will require some weekend work/overnight stays
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Two professional references
- Right to work in Australia
The DPV Health Way
The health and wellbeing of our people is at the core of our employee and client experience. All perks are curated with care, allowing you to thrive at work and in all personal and professional pursuits. Knowledge sharing, ongoing learning and development, engagement and recognition are key pillars in our culture and values.
- Work-Life Balance: We are well equipped to support a hybrid approach to the future of work. We understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing: We promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide discounted fitness and health insurance memberships free, on-site vaccinations, and confidential counselling services, just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customised content.
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
The fine print
- Full drivers' licence with your own, reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance
DPV Health is committed to Equal Opportunity, ethical practice and the principles of cultural diversity and social inclusion.
Applicants must provide their resume as well as providing a brief statement addressing the ‘Key Selection Criteria’ outlined in the position description
For further enquires contact: Brad Camerlengo – Program Manager Individualised Care & Social Support at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Support Workers – Social Support & Home Care Services enquiry via EthicalJobs.
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
To apply please visit our recruitment portal via the "Apply Now" button.