- Part time / Full time permanent position
- Early Childhood Intervention Services
- NFP Salary Packaging available
A little about the role
DPV Health is a leading healthcare services provider operating out of Melbourne’s northern growth corridor. Our professional staff deliver a wide variety of clinical, community health and wellbeing services.
We provide client-centred, strengths-based services to children and adolescents from birth to 12 years old with a disability or developmental delay. We value the importance of transdisciplinary / multidisciplinary models of practice.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high quality, evidence based Early Childhood Intervention and Paediatric Occupational Therapy service that is co-designed with the family, meeting the needs of the children and families in a manner which respects the rights and confidentiality of the child and their family.
- Embracing innovation and responsiveness.
- Using the Key Worker model in partnership and collaboration with all those associated with the child/family to provide timely and developmentally appropriate services.
You will either have experience or a keen interest as a paediatric occupational therapist with evidence of successful team development and growth.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A Bachelor or Master of Occupational Therapy from a recognised university.
- Current unconditional registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Ability to work with children 0-12 years old.
- A passion for working with children and families!
- Reliable interpersonal skills and the ability to form a good working relationship with a variety of families with young children with developmental disabilities, DPV colleagues and staff employed in community early childhood settings.
- Well-developed clinical skills in Paediatric Occupational Therapy.
- Awareness of the Key Worker model and transdisciplinary practice.
- Understanding of family centred practice and strengths-based approach.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering services under the NDIS.
About the perks
- Salary Packaging – part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, saving thousands in tax each year!
- Work-Life Balance – we understand that work-life balance is important and accommodate flexibility for team members wherever possible.
- Health and Wellbeing – we promote health and wellbeing for our people, just like we would for the communities we serve. We provide flu vaccinations on site and free, confidential counselling services are available just to name a few.
- Professional Development – with access to modern, digital eLearning you’ll have flexibility of course timing with access to shorter, more customised content. Accompanied by face-to-face training, your continual professional development is always top of our priority list.
The fine print
- Part time or full-time permanent position.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check, hold a valid WWCC and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
- Full driver's license and travel between sites required.
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
To submit your application click Apply Now.
A position description is attached.
Applicants must provide their resume as well as a brief statement addressing the ‘Key functions ’ outlined in the position description.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Jessica Luu (ECIS Team Leader) on 0407 589 384 or email@example.com using the subject line: Occupational Therapist enquiry via EthicalJobs.
DPV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring we have an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace for our staff and clients. To us diversity means people of any age, family situation, cultural and linguistic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical sex characteristics, ability or disability, health, life experience, socio-economic situation, faith, spirituality and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. We encourage all individuals to apply.