Working with support from the team, this role drives and supports the growth and range of merchants brought into the Doing Good Rewards eco-system.
Remote/Virtual, Australia-based (preferably Melbourne)
Hours & Availability
We offer you very flexible working conditions and hours. Currently the role would suit a part time contractor who could be available approximately 10-15 hours per week. There will be some meetings inside normal business hours (of 9am to 5pm) but otherwise you choose when you work to suit your lifestyle and merchant availabilities. However, it would be preferable that you logged on for at least 1 hour on 4-5 business days per week.
The role will likely expand as DGR moves from early Start-Up into full Production. Thus, the successful applicant would have the flexibility to increase their own hours or be involved in hiring extra resources in the future.
- Reporting to the CEO.
- Working with the Program Impact Manager & Core Support Team (on & offshore).
- Liaising with Marketing Manager & the Marketing Team.
- Liaising with DGR Third-Party Business Partners (who bring merchants into the mix) as well as directly with the Merchants themselves (from small one shop retailers to large chains, both in-store & online).
Doing Good Rewards™ Pty Ltd (‘DGR’) is a social enterprise, dedicated to helping charities while rewarding everyone for Doing Good. We’re disrupting the status quo in the CSR and charity-giving spaces and benefiting businesses and the community in the process.
Watch the quick video below to explain the concept.
Doing Good Rewards is a small global team working at a fast pace. We are hands-on deck with everyone helping each other to bring this world’s first tech platform to the community, firstly in Australia and then into other countries.
With our global team based in Sri Lanka, the Philippines and spread along the east coast of Australia (our head office being in Melbourne), we are used to working virtually and flexibly.
Focus on Human Need / Do Good / Try New Things / Grow the Community / Build the Movement
- Merchant Growth - work with the CEO & Marketing Manager on various acquisition strategies to bring on in-store and online merchants with discount offers that will help grow their business’ and help grow the entire DGR eco-system.
- Merchant Set-Up - you’ll work with and oversee the core DGR Team to set up the merchants using our internal proprietary systems (we will train you in these systems).
- Merchant Servicing - you’ll support weekly invoicing queries, 6-monthly reporting and ad hoc merchant requests.
- Merchant Promotion – you’ll select merchants & merchant offers relevant to the time of year (eg. summer, return-to-school, valentines day, mothers day, end of financial year, winter, fathers day, xmas etc) and work with the Marketing & Core Team to promote offers to encourage member purchase / usage (which in turn means more $’s donated to charities).
- Attend relevant Team meetings to input information and stay in touch with all that is happening in/at/with DGR.
- A people person who can build rapport quickly with all kinds/types/levels of people.
- You are organised with good time-management skills.
- You are a team player who doesn’t mind getting hands-on.
- Someone with good initiative, who is positive, persistent, and willing to try new things.
- You are good with computers & proficient in English (with a 2nd language being a bonus).
Experience (preferred but not required)
- You have worked in loyalty &/or merchant acquisition.
- You have worked in retail or hospitality.
- You have been involved in a not-for-profit (e.g. charity or social enterprise).
- You have worked in a tech start-up.
- You have worked in a small team.
Keep Doing Good!