This Not for Profit aims to breakdown the barriers to social inclusion by strengthening families and communities.
Reporting to the Team Leader you will be responsible for providing case management services to vulnerable children, young people and their families to strengthen relationships, prevent family breakdown and ensure the best interests of the child are met.
- Manage a varied caseload dependent on target requirements from DHHS
- Assist families to meet Child Protection case plans to facilitate children in out of home care to be reunified with family members and/or to facilitate family preservation so children remain in the care of family members or carers
- Support and promote improved understanding of the perpetrator’s pattern of coercive control and its impact on children and to assess the ability of the protective parent to safely parent
- Develop initial case plans in partnership with the family that work to ensure an environment of safety, security, family stability and age appropriate development of children based on the Department of Human Services, Best Interests of the Child and Stability Planning case practice models
- Advocate on behalf of the client in areas where there are complex issues with other agencies.
- Assist with the provision of information in relation to community resources and services and to support the client in accessing these services
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or equivalent (such as Psychology, Social Science) Case Management experience in working with vulnerable children, young people and their families.
- Working with clients from CALD communities
- Experience working in or with DHHS Child Protection
- Sound understanding of child and adolescent development and a range of theoretical frameworks and intervention strategies
The Next Step
Click on the APPLY button or contact Ayesha, Recruitment Specialist on 9629 9999 for a confidential discussion.